The first step in starting your career at I CAN SCHOOLS is to complete online application. You can find the application at: http://www.icanschools.org/employment. After vetting, qualified applicants will be selected to proceed in the interview process.
Phase 1: Complete Interview via Skype, FaceTime, or phone
- This consists of 7-10 questions to determine if a candidate is mission fit based on the overall mission and quality and characteristics that we seek.
Phase 2: Complete In-Person Interview and prepare a lesson
- Interview with Director of Talent Recruitment
- 15-20 in-depth questions regarding pedagogy, instruction inside the classroom and class management.
- Candidate also prepares a sample lesson in their content area and is given feedback during the interview stage.
Phase 3: Teach a Sample Lesson at an I CAN SCHOOLS campus
- Principal will be contacted via email by the Director of Talent Recruitment giving a brief overview of candidate.
- The principal will contact candidate within 24 hours of email to set up a sample lesson.
- The principal is responsible for sending candidate a current lesson for them to teach. Also, Principals are to tell candidate what exactly they would like to the outcome of the lesson to be (i.e. strong class management, in-depth rigor in lesson instruction, etc.)
- The candidate will be required to teach an hour long sample lesson in front of a live class while being observed by administration.