Being a teacher for I CAN SCHOOLS is incredibly rewarding and requires candidates to possess an extraordinarily strong work ethic. A teacher for I CAN SCHOOLS can expect to work extended hours, create and sustain a quality learning environment where high academic and behavioral expectations are the norm, achieve high test scores, and be a healthy addition to our adult learning communities. We are seeking teachers who will "sweat the small stuff" and have a "no excuses" attitude. Teachers will be expected to do "whatever it takes" to close the achievement gap. I CAN SCHOOLS teachers must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where accountability and high expectations are upheld at all times. I CAN SCHOOLS teachers must possess a philosophy that 100% of our students will attend and graduate from a four year college and/or university.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Remain highly organized and meet deadlines 100% of the time
- Create intentional lesson plans that support academic rigor and student engagement
- Be relentless, serious and focused
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of one year teaching experience in an urban public or charter school setting preferred, but not required
- Belief in and alignment with I CAN SCHOOLS mission and vision is non-negotiable.
I CAN SCHOOLS offers an exceptional benefit package to all full time employees through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio that include, medical, dental and vision. This package is one of the most competitive benefit packages offered to employees in the Cleveland area. I CAN SCHOOLS pays 90% of employee premiums only leaving employees to pay a minimal 10% premium each month. Employees participate in Ohio STRS (state teacher retirement system). I CAN SCHOOLS pays a 14% contribution to STRS and employees contribute a minimal 10%. I CAN SCHOOLS leader salary is competitive and ranked above most high performing charter schools in the State of Ohio.
I CAN SCHOOLS boast meticulously clean buildings, intentionally placed print, and an extremely safe teaching environment. All classroom teachers are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, a network wide email account, high-speed internet access, and all necessary teaching supplies. I CAN SCHOOL buildings are Wi-Fi accessible for use with all mobile devices. Additionally, teachers earn over 250 professional development credit hours each academic year and have over one hour of planning built into their daily schedules.
Bonus Opportunities and Extras
At I CAN SCHOOLS we offer a stipend for teaching Saturday School and summer student recruitment. In addition to that, teachers have the opportunity of earning a yearly bonus through a teacher referral program. I CAN SCHOOLS also has many opportunities for athletic coaching in the areas of basketball, track, cheerleading, and competitive hip-hop dance.
Why I CAN
I CAN SCHOOLS value its employees by providing meaningful and intentional administrative coaching dedicated to transforming teachers into master educators. I CAN SCHOOLS builds and maintains a professional and healthy adult learning community by entertaining several social events throughout the school year, hosting school retreats, and presents teacher of the year for each campus.